A Liberty Institute
This is a proposal to start a Foundation and develop a property, preferably a large, old, abandoned warehouse in the City of Buffalo, New York. The purpose of this venture is to”take back the city” by providing an interactive educational and entrepreneurial environment that will foster the desire of people to actively participate in the political process from a grassroots perspective, while engaging in a wide range of creative projects and business pursuits.
It is expected the Cafe, Gift Shoppe and other in-house ventures would be able to support the work of the Liberty Institute, but it is hoped the foundation would be able to secure endowments or philanthropic gifts to assist where the supporting businesses may be unable to assist in funding the Support Positions.
This concept began with a deep desire to see improvement in the social and economic condition of the cities, and provide a greater understanding to our nation’s Constitutional founding. The signature program would be a Foundations of Liberty Series which would feature profiles of Republican/ Conservative/Libertarian Black Americans and other minorities, in the cities of Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Other programs include Feed the Need, a voluntary program for kids at risk of violent behavior and Vet Respite, which sponsors returning Military Veterans at suicide risk to a retreat in Nicaragua. Details below.
The first initiative is a video production by New York for Trump called Trumptify! The intent is to highlight the work and enthusiasm of the volunteers that canvassed on behalf of Mr. Trump in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Ohio and Indiana, as well as new volunteers. Obviously the larger Program as outlined above and below is secondary to this -the priority would be to produce and distribute the video by the beginning of October 2016, in advance of the General Election. It would be preferable to secure at least a temporary location to serve as a staging ground for the production, but it is not necessary.
This endeavor would continue the work of TEA New York and affiliated reform groups under a new name and a greatly expanded program. TEA New York is, as the name suggests, a Tea Party group that arose out of the reform movement that began at the end of 2008, and it is networked with other prominent reform groups in NYS including the Shooters Committee on Political Education (SCOPE), the Conservative Society for Action (CSA) and We the People of NY Inc. (WTP-NY). TEA New York has maintained a Website,Blog, Meetup, Googlegroup Discussion Forum, Facebook, Twitter and PAC since 2009, and has a fairly large active membership informed in part by our past Alerts. From our website:
Our mission is to help reign in the enormous inefficient and unaccountable New York State government by identifying corruption and abuse; proactively address growing constitutional violations by government officials; and provide the means by which the citizenry can actively engage in the process of bringing about reform.
This is a video production that hopes to build trust and bridge the gap between those who recognize the value of a Trump presidency and those who don’t. It will follow New York for Trump volunteers canvassing, phone calling and working on behalf of Mr. Trump through the Primaries to the General Election. It would include effective soundbites from prominent people including Carl Paladino and Assemblyman David DiPietro dispelling objections and projecting the feeling of hope, not fear, using creative choreography to the music of TobyMac’s Feel It, by a local band with amended lyrics. The song begins with the word Funktify! We would change this to Trumptify!
Moving past the election, the foundation would continue production of informational videos possibly resurrecting Buffalo Cable Access Media (BCAM) for community access, styled on the Access Tucson model. A Song & Dance Troupe could engage Praise and Worship team members and other musicians from the region to produce Christian music videos.
Foundations in Liberty
This is a series of events in the cities of Buffalo and Niagara Falls NY that would engage urban communities in better understanding history with the hope of positively impacting the future social and economic conditions in urban environments. It would begin with portraits of Republican, Conservative and Libertarian mostly Black and minority Americans who have made contributions towards the cause of liberty, on easels with large text. Speakers may include Thomas Sowell, Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas, Walter E Williams and Starr Parker, the event would have music, refreshments, free raffles would be held to give away books and short instructive videos from for example, PragerU would be shown.
This program sponsors returning military veterans who may be at suicide risk and need to decompress from the fog of war to retreat to La Biosfera in Jinotega, Nicaragua. The proprietor is Suzanne Wopperer, sister of Julianne (Jul) Thompson, Co-Founder of TEA New York. This currently has the support of WNY Heroes and the Marine Corps Coordinating Council. Webpage here: Vet Respite at La Biosfera
Feed the Need
This a voluntary, faith-based program to pull violent and potentially violent students out of the public school system and place them in a separate learning environment, using intensive intervention to develop in the students a sense of discipline, personal responsibility and self-worth.
Additional Groups, Organizations and Initiatives
We would support and share information about ongoing efforts to inform and educate apart from the mainstream media; assist in strengthening families; help develop skills and personal responsibility; properly inform people, engage them in the political process and help elect principled candidates to elective office by various other organizations and initiatives including but not limited to:
- Public Advocacy
- Charter Schools
- Lobby to bring BOCES to five major NYS population centers
- Choose to Refuse Common Core
- SCOPE, NRA
- Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA) & Jury Nullification
- EMPact America
- Judicial Watch
- Liberty Counsel
- The Heritage Foundation
- Hillsdale College/Imprimus
- The Frederick Douglass Foundation
- Conservative Society for Action (CSA)
- We The People of NY Inc (WTP-NY)
- Primary Challenge
- Free Buffalo
- Ellicott Development Corp
- Launch NY
- The Thomas R Beecher Jr Innovation Center
- Referrals to Job Skills Training & Educational Opportunities
- SonRays Ministries
- Erie County Sheriff’s Office (ESCO)
As this project would be a sort of incubator for entrepreneurial startups, a few suggestions may include
- Just a Pretty Face– a design & construction company
that would provide newfacades on old structurally sound
buildings – or work could be subcontracted
- Road Crew – A revolving crew of curbing, sidewalk and light landscaping/road repair, using Minimax Concrete Corp mixers
- Custom Crafted Entryways – arches and unique architectural elements
- Grimestoppers – A window washing and/or gutter cleaning low-cost startup
- Flamingo Grove – a clearinghouse for handmade products, promoted online and at gift shoppe. This could become a franchise featuring local artisans in different towns and cities around the country.
- Who Needs Emeril? –a high-end catering service for cocktail parties
- Medieval Garb – period fashion – not costumes but adjusted for the 21stcentury
- Little Hippy Baby Clothes – best fabrics & patterns, awesome design
- Little Men – Cummerbunds, suspenders, bowties & fashion, for the young sir
- Spirit of America Rally, April 1, 2017
- Awards Ceremony for honoring member contributions – the last event as TEA New York
- Carl Paladino Roast
- Karaoke Cookout
- Foundations of Liberty Kickoff Event
THE BUILDING PROGRAM
- Auditorium with adjoining Reception area– for speakers, presentations, productions, showing films and for general meetings. It may also be rented or made available for use by affiliated or outside groups.
- Gym/Production Room– for choreography and for doubling as a basketball court and athletic club.
- Studio– for video production
- Cafe– to support the work of the Foundation
- Kitchen– to serve the Cafe as well as the larger needs of the Foundation
- Gift Shoppe– to support the work of the Foundation, featuring the work of local artists
- Common Areas– for the coffee klatch
- Artist Studios– utilized or rented to support the work of the Foundation
- Studio Apartments– rented to support the work of the Foundation
- Large Apartment— for onsite management, security
- Conference Room– for smaller meetings
- Offices– for research, management and administrative support
- Manufacturing Area— space reserved for Minimax Concrete Corp & other projects
- Other– mechanical, storage, bathrooms, etc.
- Accounting/Admin Support
- Labor/Volunteer Help
Developed in Summer 2016 by
Julianne M. Thompson
VP, Minimax Concrete Corp
TEA New York, Co-Founder with Rus Thompson
Field Director/Trip Coordinator for New York for Trump
BPS in Architecture, SUNYAB
Veteran, USMC, 4th MarDiv